Thursday, January 12, 2012

salsa chicken

I am about to reveal one of my staple recipes. It's called salsa chicken. Are you ready? These are the ingredients:


Salsa and chicken. Complicated, I know. The instructions are equally complicated.

Step 1: Place chicken in crock pot. Any chicken will do. I'm using frozen chicken breasts, but I also like it with thighs.


Step two: cover chicken with salsa. You can use pretty much any salsa imaginable and available. I've done it with hot, medium, mild, smoked, etc. 


Step three: cover and cook. If on high, at least 6 hours. If on low, at least 8.


Step four: enjoy. Its applications are endless: taco salad, quesadillas, pasta sauce, stuffed in a pita, and so on.


And let me tell you, it's fantastic. The chicken is fall-apart tender. My favorite time was when I used a smoky salsa. It gave it this wonderful, deep flavor.

Occasionally when I make this, my chicken turns out dry. Recently, though, I've been adding chicken stock along with the salsa and that seems to fix the problem.

If you make any of my recipes, please let me know! Feel free to share photos, tips, and experiences.

Happy eating!

2 comments: